Friday, November 30, 2012

Not your ordinary...

I've never had a particular type when it comes to women.
I appreciate the beauty of all women, but especially black women. I've dated tall, short, petite, plump, long & short hair, lights, brights, caramel delights, to the deepest of chocolate. Beauty comes in all forms. But 'artsy' women have always intrigued me. One of the first ladies I met upon moving to ATL had a mohawk, and her name was Pumpkin. Sounds funny, but the social contradiction of this sister was completely what was intriguing as her (six-figure) corporate job afforded her the luxury of an exclusive gated community, two luxury cars, and a home full of modern art & ecclectic style. I love that look of bad-girl style and good-girl brains.


I remember while in art school there was a gorgeous, caramel-complected honey with short hair I'd often see maybe twice a week. Never knew her name, but was always enamored with her style. I mean the way she dressed as if to follow no precedence, with her own 'swag' way before the rest of us knew what that shit was. Fuschia, blond, auburn, azul, and emerald hues would display from her expertly cropped crown. Every week her short, spiked hair displayed a different hue, with that quiet, unstated confidence she obviously carried on her sleeve where tattoos artistically covered her from wrist to shoulder. With these types, I think I'm more attracted to the non-conforming confidence these ladies display. Here's to you artsy chic. -Flavadave

 



No comments: